1· In 2010, BHP Billiton Minerals Exploration (Min Ex) commenced the One Earth Program, a goal of the program being to deliver enterprise wide search capabilities by integrating and indexing numerous core applications, which is an initiative referred to as ISIA.
2· In order for ISIA to provide relevant search results, the systems it indexes will have standardised key data types and values, enabled through the implementation of a Master Data and Metadata Management Solution.
1. Provide Functional specification
2.Shallow schema analysis to identify the Master Data within acquire and key business / data owners
3. Shallow schema analysis to identify the Master Data within ArcGIS and key business / data owners
4. Shallow schema analysis to identify the Master Data within DAP and key business/data owners
5. Shallow schema analysis to identify the Master Data within GDD and key business/data owners
6. With reference to “Minx IM Test Strategy and Test Strategy Map” produce an “Acceptance Test Plan” defining the objectives and scope of the Acceptance Testing effort, and identify the methodology that will provide repeatable Acceptance Testing. The Acceptance Test Plan must define the environments, hardware, software, templates and tools required for the Acceptance Tests. Prepare and deliver a Transition Plan that outlines the ongoing repeatable process for Acceptance Testing for Production Change Management.
7. Develop and utilise templates for Test Results and Test Reports for the closure of each test phase. Prepare and deliver “templates, Test Results and Test Reports”.
8. Model Development and configuration tool complete
9. Shallow schema analysis of Documentum to identify the Master Data within DAP and key business/data owners
Key Result Areas: (Project Team of 10 members)
1.Analysis of legacy application data models, develop Conceptual Model, Data Objects Model and associated work products
2. Develop Data Diagnostic Model and Subject Area Model
3. The deliverables met client expectations.
The contract was withdrawn due to management restructuring.
1. Key business processes that drive core data consumption or creation and those which initiate data updates
2. Data change frequency and volumes
3. Definition of appropriate best practice principles based upon review of international standards and MinEx’s operational requirements
4. Definition of “As Is” and “To Be” Business Data Object definitions
5.Projection of Business Data Objects as Master Data Types
6. Definition of “To Be” data governance and creation of transformation plan from current state
7. Align reference data definitions across core systems
8. Align metadata definitions across core systems